Tuesday, May 1, 2018

YZ450F lowering email from Jeff

Jeff writes "This is now my 4th yamalink and at 5' 7" 135 i have always used the non race link , even though I race mx. I believe it fools the the spring to thinking its a lighter spring so I never have had to re-spring my bikes, and it has always worked fine. I raced this weekend and I can say that the stock link doesn't do well in the breaking bumps over what the yamalink does. Yamaha allows 5mm on the forks but I have gone another 5mm and have had no ill handling problems whatsoever. Like you say I think these so called experts only go by what the factory says and set these bikes up for much taller and heavier riders (190 and higher and 6' and taller) but I have gone more than what they allow and have made a much better riding machine for guys my size anyways, and have not caused any ill handling like they claim it will do. Oh, I love the fat chick thing!

No comments: