Tuesday, May 1, 2018

2015 YZ125 lowering question from Quinn

Quinn writes "Hi there, I have a 2015 yz125, lots of ATV riding experience but a beginner rider on the YZ125. Bike has a 38 seat height, I measure 32 inches from crotch to my heels. I will never race the YZ125 but want to have lots of racey fun on the sand dunes.

I believe the Yamalink YZ Link #1 is the better choice for me but since I only weigh 138lbs I barely move the seat down at all when I sit on the bike. I would like a soft ride for my 50 year old bones, what spring is right for me? Where can I buy the right spring from? Is the stock spring close enough? Appreciate any help you can toss my way."

Our reply: Quinn, at 138 pounds I would use the stock spring THEN reset sag, and dial the bike in per the included instructions. Resetting sag is the most important part of any bike setup with or without a YamaLink.

No comments: