Tuesday, May 1, 2018

YZ250FX lowering question from Jeremy

Jeremy emailed asking "I received the YamaLink and while reading the installation instructions, I have a question. The instructions state that the bike must be properly re-sprung. I don’t know what this means. Dies it mean I need to buy a new spring or is it an adjustment I need to make?? I weigh 150 lbs and am 5’8” so I wasn’t expecting to install a different spring. Thanks Jeremy."

Our reply: Hi. On the YZ250FX order page that you placed the purchase it reads "The Trail YamaLink (NOT the RACE link) may require the rider to go up in spring rate if you are on border of needing heavier spring with the stock suspension." You are not on the border at 150 pounds. You simply have to reset sag then dial in the front and clickers per our recommendations and your personal preference.

No comments: