Monday, June 16, 2014

Jesse ordered a WR250R/WR250X YamaLink for his WR250F....bad idea

Jesse writes " Yamalink, I ordered a yamalink for my 2013 wr250 and there is no way the pin will fit inside the bearings. The site stated it was made for my year. The youtube video shows it sliding right in. Any suggestions?

Our reply: Let's pretend you confirmed your WR250 is indeed an R or X. By chance is a needle bearing lifting from the opposite bearing when you try to pass the pivot pin through? We pre-greased your YamaLink bearings, but maybe when you took the plastic bearing plugs out a needle bearing became dislodged or moved. Please check to make sure no needle bearing came out with the plastic plug when it was removed to insert the factory pin. If all needle bearings are in the bearing cage then go back to our suggestion of making sure a needle bearing doesn't pop up when passing the pin through.

Jesse writes back: "I have a 2013 wr250f. So Did I order the wrong one? If so can I exchange it?"

We knew it. Our reply: Sure, no problem. Return the WR250R/X YamaLink and purchase a WR250F lowering link.

No comments: