Monday, June 16, 2014

Helping Stace lower the WR250R properly

"Hello, I’ve installed the Yamalink on my WR250R and honestly I didn’t notice ANY change in seat height. I’m not happy with the part, as I can still barely touch the ground on the bike and I should be at a height of 35” by now. The part has been used for a couple days and is undamaged but is there a way that I can return it for a refund? Thank you for your time, stace"

Our reply: Stace, The YamaLink gives an actual 1" lowering in seat height, and combined with the stock factory lowering you get 2" total. Have you done the factory lowering per this tutorial (doesn't take an hour, maybe 15 minutes): http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/suspension/115-lowering-r2

Stace writes back: Dan I guess I didn't lower it correctly. .. just softened up the suspension enough so that it would squish down with my weight. With regards to the linked instructions: to lower the seat height, I ultimately want to unscrew the lower shock bracket that the bolt goes through, correct? How much do I unscrew it to reach maximum safety standard? It's not a 1:1 ratio right?

Our final feedback: "Hi. After you take the bolt and nut off, the lower shock block will screw UP toward your black rebound knob. It goes all the way UP until just before the lock nut makes contact with the rebound knob. If you make contact with the rebound knob the knob will not turn. The fewer threads you see between the black rebound knob and the lock nut = more lowering."

No comments: