Monday, May 18, 2015

Which one? YZ250FX lowering YamaLink question

2015 YZ250FX racer asked us today "I am 155lbs without gear, 5 ' 10 and the fx is a really tall bike. I've thrown the static sag out the window temporarily which has caused my suspension to be less than awesome. I race hare scrambles in intermediate which is equivalent to open b in gncc and i normally ride extreme terrain. I would like to know which lowering link is right for me the race, or the trail. I would certainly appreciate the 1.25" lower seat but i do ride quite aggressively. Im also curious what makes yamalink different from the other links i can get. I've heard they affect the geometry of the bike in a negative way. I look forward to your reply. Thank you."

And our reply: "We read your email twice and all agree the Race YamaLink is what'd we'd slap on. Yes, it'd be great to get the Trail version but your GNCC division and terrain has us leaning toward the shorter travel YamaLink. It'll make the bike perform sooooo much better on the square edge and braking bumps, and while you may wish the lowering was somewhere between the Race and Trail we'd go for less leverage and more fast-racer (that'd be you) handling.

As for the "other links" we don't know a thing about theirs. We're too busy designing, racing and selling ours to even worry about what's on the market. We've been told ours costs considerably less and has a grease zerk which makes lubing your bearings super easy at a race.

And....we replied to your email in a matter of seconds."

No comments: