Monday, May 18, 2015

Mick's 2015 YZ250FX suspension lowering kit question

"Hi, I just want some help to me decide if and which link would be good for me on my YZ250FX. I am 43 and weigh 130lbs. 5ft 8in tall. I ride all areas of off-road Desert, some motocross, enduro, endurocross and mountain single track. No racing but have in the past both motocross and desert. Obviously the stock springs are too stiff for me however I like feel of the bike overall and even in stock trim can ride aggressively.

I was going to get an softer rear spring and see what the forks felt like before I messed with it. My understanding is that the yamalink along with the seat lowering will also reduce spring rate. I am thinking with this link I can get the benefits of a lower seat height plus possibly put the rear spring range for my weight. What is your thoughts and opinion? Trail link or race link?"

Our reply: "Based on what you wrote I'd go for the Trail YamaLink for the YZ250FX."

No comments: