Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jim's 2005 Yamaha WR250F lowering link question

From Colorado rider Jim on his 2005 WR250F: The wr250f with the Yamalink is working pretty well I think with sag set at about 100 mm. I did raise the forks in the clamps now up to 11 mm. I don’t get any head shake and thought I might try even more to see. You know the gal known as Plushpuppy has hers raised about 18mm she says. Would getting head shake at speed be the way to tell if I went too far or are there other indications I could look for ?

At lower speeds the Yamalink has made the greatest difference in lowering the center of gravity as well as allowing me to get my feet down on steep technical mountain trails. No more falling over in the rough stuff. Yeah !

Our reply: Great! Yes, headshake is the "key" to knowing if your forks are raised too much in the clamps. All personal preference; what works for you may not work for someone else, and vice versa.

No comments: