Sunday, August 7, 2011

Scott's lowered WR250X Yamaha link

Supermoto Junkie member Scott asks....

I just bought my WR250X. This is going to be my first road bike. I am going to purchase your yamalink but I was wondering, how far in the front can you lower to match the rear adjustment on the shock and with the yamalink or do you recommend not touching the rear adjuster at all. I have the front lowered 20mm and right now the rear is kicked up a little bit but I am thinking with the yamalink it will level it out. What is your recommendation as I am only 5'5 on my best day.

Thanks Scott


Our reply:

Scott,

With the YamaLink and the stock 1" lowering via turning the clevis/shock block up, we recommend a starting point of 12mm for sliding the fork tubes up. Personal preference dictates if you go up or down a few mm from there, but the MAX we recommend sliding the fork tubes up is 18mm.

The 12mm is the most popular. There is no 1:1 lowering ratio of front & back because changes to your fork height effects geometry at a different rate than changes to the rear suspension.


No comments: