Thursday, August 11, 2011

Darryl's Yamaha WR450 YamaLink lowering and fork raising question

Darryl writes.... I recently purchased a Yamalink lowering link for my WR 450.

I was impressed by how easy this was to fit and the difference it make to my bike. It lowered the rear by approx. 55mm which was exactly what I was looking for. I believe this will give me the confidence to tackle just about any hill.

My question now is I have lowered the front forks in the triple clamps by 35mm. Is this recommended and will it cause me any other problems?

And our reply.....

35mm is too much. Reread your instructions. We recommend a starting
point of about 4mm and go up or down a few mm based on rear sag and personal preference. Thirty five mm will make for an unstable front end at speed.


No comments: