Thursday, August 24, 2017

Pat's 2006 YZ125 Yamaha lowering question

Pat asks "I just bought an 06 yz 125 and it's pretty tall (more than the 1995 cr125 that was about right). I'm a little older at 56 (195 lbs) and pretty much a novice and a little lower would be nice. Sounds like the #1 link would make the bike feel smoother (plush?) which would be plus as well. However, it looks like this is designed for smaller/younger/lighter riders and I wonder if it would work out for me? Will I be able to get the sag right for me with this link?"

Our reply: Pat, a YZ125 is sprung from the factory for a 145 pound rider. Even WITHOUT a YamaLink you need a much heavier spring to get proper sag at 195 pound rider weight. THEN you add a YamaLink and must go up in spring rate....get a heavier spring either way.

No comments: