Sunday, April 16, 2017

Ben's 2008 WR250F Yamaha lowering question

Ben writes "I have just installed the Yamalink on my 2008 WR250F, I have a question regarding settin the race sag. I weigh 65 kg / 10 stone 2 and I have adjusted the stock spring to give 99mm of race sag which leaves 39mm of static sag. I am guessing as I am a light rider less than 70 kg I will get away with the stock spring?

Do you think this sounds like a good setup or if maybe I should dial in a bit less sag? I have not altered compression / rebound."

That's a great question. Our reply is "Hi. With aftermarket linkages like a YamaLink the STATIC sag number is not relevant like it is with a stock suspension setup.

You just need to get RACE sag in the appropriate range based on spring rate THEN dial in compression and rebound.

At your weight I would recommend leaving the stock spring on. Riders at your weight on that bike dial in race sag anywhere from about 98mm to 102mm. And then they fine tune fork height a millimeter either way AFTER settling on their preferred race sag."

No comments: