Wednesday, October 1, 2014

2013 Yamaha Lowering: WR250F for Dale

I am anxiously awaiting the Yamalink for my 2013 wr250f. I do have a question on suspension set up. Your site says go with a 10% heavier spring and I am assuming that is for front forks and rear shock? I am going to upgrade valving and springs with RaceTech and was wondering when I use their chart if I should just "up" my weight? I am 190lbs should I use 210lbs for my spring sizes( forks and rear)?. Thanks in advance for your help!

For the 2013 WR250F we recommend a 5.8kg spring for a 190 pound rider without gear. Then reset sag per our instructions. Many find the YamaLink with heavier spring alone makes the front of the WR250F handle tremendously better due to less front wheel weight transfer. You won't be blowing through the travel as easily. I'd set the YamaLink + 5.8kg spring + resetting sag per our instructions BEFORE doing anything to the front.

No comments: