Monday, March 17, 2014

2008 WR250F lowering versus Yamaha 2006 YZ125 for Monique?

I have a yamalink on my 2008 wr250f. Will this same link fit a 2006 yz125? Also, I seem to remember when I got my link it was the ‘old’ style. (It does have grease zerks) Are the new ones the same lowering distance?

Our reply: Monique, The new ones have a completely different leverage ratio and lowers the rear 1.5 inches instead of 1.75 inches. We tested both on many local riders, and sent a few out to forum members, and the overwhelming consensus was the new YamaLink was head and shoulders better in plushness, controlled rebound, bigger hit capability and ease of setup with a wider range of sag.

The old and new will fit the same bike, but sag setup and compression + rebound are also completely different. Spring rates will also be different.

No comments: