Friday, May 25, 2012

Travis' 2002 2003 2004 YZ250 lowering link kit YamaLink question

Travis owns a 2002-2004 YZ and writes "I got the link super fast and the install was a piece of cake. I'm on a 250 and I was only able to raise the forks maybe 5mm until it was close to the bars. I got the sag set and haven't been out for a test run yet cause I wanted some advice first. If I need more steering input is there anything I can do to the front shock set up to compensate for the lower rear? That way when I'm in the trails I can do some trial and error. Also I weigh 155."

Our reply: There is no 1:1 ratio of fork & rear change. Five millimeter may be more than you actually need. Raising the forks is not for lowering the front end, per say, it is more to "balance" the geometry. I'd set your sag at 94mm and turn the high-speed compression (the big knob) in clockwise 1/4 turn. Also turn your rebound in 1 or 2 clicks. Simply follow the instructions.

No comments: