Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2002 2003 2004 Yamaha WR250F lowering suspension & sag

Richard writes.... "Good Afternoon. I recently bought a YamaLink for my wr250f and I am going to need to get a heavier spring. I weigh about 212pounds and as you say in the article it is very soft. I find it bottoms out when riding off-road I am more of a leisure rider than high impact. Please could you quote me on a spring for my weight.


Our reply....."Okay, let's figure out the spring rate.

At 212 pounds you are too heavy for the stock WR250F spring to achieve proper sag; the stock spring rate is set for a rider of about 180 pounds. And then of course adding the YamaLink's extra leverage requires a heavier spring.

The stock spring on an 02-04 is 4.8 kg/mm.
At 212 pounds with the STOCK suspension you need a spring rate of 5.4 kg/mm BEFORE the YamaLink.
Now we add the YamaLink and the spring you should use is a 5.8 kg/mm to achieve proper sag.

No comments: