Thursday, February 3, 2011

ThumperTalk quote WR250R lowering link

The Yamalink: got the stratospheric seat height down to where short me can reach the ground, most of the time. (31 inch inseam, I'm shrinking) After I got the sag and rebound/compression damping at both ends set up, it had not only a better ride, but better traction as well. And that was with the stock tires. I bought my '08 used at an estate sale with less than 300 miles on it, and the original owner had put all of the suspension settings in odd setups. I sorted all of that out and actually had some traction out of the rear DW. Not much, but some. Other than the ride height, I believe that the slight change in rake/trail shifted some of the weight bias rearward, which it needed badly. It almost had a street bike geometry as delivered, a legacy no doubt from being also used as the X model. It is now a "wholenuther" bike, much improved.

Quote from HERE

No comments: