Monday, April 12, 2010

WR (WRF) Yamaha lowering question



Question: If you have any tips regarding the sag/setup that would be great. I mainly do slow rocky trail riding in the mountains. I weigh 160 without gear, closer to 180with everything on. I'm 5'8".

Our reply: At your weight I'd start out with a sag setting of 3.5 inches; it takes away from the 1.75" lowering at full 4 inch sag, but you'll still have excellent plushness and small bump absorption for rocks and roots without any excessive bottoming or wallow. Then raise the forks UP in the triple clamps about 4 to 6 mm (6mm is .25 inches) and fine tune based on riding style and local terrain.

If you find the 3.5 inches of sag works great then put in 3.75 inches of sag. You'll get an extra quarter inch lowering while making the bike more plush....yet some more aggressive riders may find it too soft. I bet you stay at 3.5 inches; I'm your weight and that's what I run.

No comments: