Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yamaha WR lowering suspension email of the day



This comes from WRF rider Graham....


What can I say? First of all superb service.... thank you! Fast delivery, well packaged and no hassle with import tax!! In fact it arrived before I'd managed to pick up my new WR250.

Secondly, a quality bit of kit and very easy to fit with your instructions. Finally I reset the sag and made the other adjustments you recommended as it was way too "plush". On the road it feels great and I'll be out in the dirt tomorrow, weather permiting. Most importantly I can feel that it will allow me to be boss of the bike when I get into those nadgery foot-down scenarios(just like I can at the
minute with my old technology CRF230) I'll recommend you to all "vertically challenged"(or short-arsed) riders I talk to.

Cheers and thanks again
Graham

Our reply...

You're welcome. Glad to hear you reset sag and took the time to dial it in. Some riders not looking for full 1.75 inches of lowering are taking sag out. Yes, it decreases laden seat height and static sag, but with a lowering link it doesn't matter. It's totally personalized. If you are on the border of needing a heavier spring rate for your weight before the YamaLink you may consider going up to a stiffer spring depending on weight with gear and riding ability. You'll know if the WRF bottoms too easily even after setting sag and changing compression and rebound. Your bike should be able to corner and ride aggressively (don't forget to adjust
front fork height to your liking) without any wallowing. Glad all is well with the delivery. Please do not hesitate in letting us know if we can be of further assistance in any way for you or your friends.

No comments: