Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yamaha WR lowering question of the day



From Steven....

Hi, My name is Steven and I'm completely new to enduro/trail riding. I've just bought a Yamaha WR250R and find its to tall even with a lowered seat. Been looking at your product and have a couple of questions.

1. Does it effect the ground clearance of the bike
2. Will I need to lower the forks to compensate
3. Is it easy to set the bike up once fitted ie, sag etc.
4. If I dropped the bike by the 1" method as described can I still fit the yamalink to get it lower

As I say I'm completely new to riding off road bikes and need as much info as possible.


Our reply...

Steven,
Good morning. Okay, let's get you some answers.

1: The ground clearance is minimal. The YamaLink lowers the rear about 1 inch.

2: I'd say 99% of YamaLink users follow our fork raising guideline of 10mm (included in the written instructions) and then you adjust a little this way or that way based on personal preference and riding style and terrain.

3: We've been told it's pretty darn easy to set the bike up. The instructions were written for someone with minimal mechanical experience yet didn't dummy it down for a seasoned mechanic. And we are always here to help via phone or email.

4: The stock 1 inch lowering (via the lower shock mount/clevis) is totally independent of the YamaLink. You can do either or both.

Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate contacting us with any other questions.

No comments: