Tuesday, October 28, 2008

From Lynn, our WR250R Canuck pilot



yamaha lowering link WR250R install speed record...

Ok, Yamalink is in the 09 WRR!! Took me all of 20 minutes to get the link in, slide the forks, and then another 5 to adjust the sag.

So to cap it all off:

Rider: 5'4" @ 140lbs
Screwed in stock setting of the dial-out of the bottom of the shock. That gained 1 inch.
Installed the Yamalink. Gained another inch.
Slid the forks up 3/4 of an inch. Gained another inch.
Set the sag on the rear shock to 100. Gained another inch.
All said and done: Gained a total of 4 inches and I can touch with both feet easily on tip toes, one foot very steady on the ball. Double up I can touch both balls of my feet with an 80 lb rider.

One thing I notice is the handling of the bike. It corners well and sucks up the bumps easily without bottoming out, even at the lowest settings. When it was stock I found it a bit choppy, but nothing that made me feel like I had to keep my wits up. Once I get the 606's on it'll be much better off road too.

So yay to Yamalink for making this bike rideable for us girls who have no knees!

No comments: