Thursday, August 28, 2008

yamaha lowering link install and report from first timer

Finally rode the WR with the YamaLink today for the first time after installing it.

Preliminary results and observations:

1. I do not have to remember to kick my leg up extra high as I swing it over to avoid kicking the left rear turn signal.

2. On the street I did not notice any difference. I did not measure before and after, so I really do not know what the actual amount lowered is, except point one above.

3. My son did a little street riding tonight. He rides a lot better than me and races mountain bikes, so he has way more experience than me. He says it corners better. He says it feels like the back is digging in through the turns and that this is good news.

We will be at Bass Lake, riding Miami Creek and 007 this weekend. So I will get a chance to test it a little myself.

Installation was a snap. My son forgot to bring his stand over, so we used a bucket. I balanced the WR while he did all the work. I found it to be a much easier install than he did.

No comments: